Whether you want to discover a new favourite author or meet new friends, we can bring 50 shades of exciting to your life.
Join us for a discussion at one of our book clubs, or check out a Book Club in a Bag for your very own group.
The Un | Book Club
With no set book to read, this club is about conversation and enjoying a beverage of your choice at a different pub or cafe on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 – 8:00pm. Discuss what you've been reading, watching or listening to, while meeting new people! Share a favourite book and make new connections in a relaxed, social environment.
- March 21: Saffron Indian Cuisine, 605 Hespeler Rd., Cambridge (see map)
- April 18, Ernie’s Road House, 7 Queen St. W. (see map)
- May 16, Kiwi Gastropub, 47 Dickson St. (see map)
Preston Book Club
Prefer a more traditional approach? Drop into the Preston Book Club on the last Friday of each month from 10:00 - 11:30am (no meetings in July and August). Come, discover and discuss new books!
- March 31: They Left Us Everything by Plum Johnson
- April 28: Into the Magic Shop by James R. Doty
- May 26: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Hespeler Book Club
Join us in the program room at Hespeler on the second Friday of each month from 10:30 – 12:00pm. We've also added an evening edition in the Hespeler program room on the second Thursday of the month from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Here's what the Hespeler Book Club will be reading this season:
- March 9 & 10: The Well by Catherine Chanter
- April 6 and 7*: The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence
*Note date change for both due to Good Friday, April 14
- May 11 and 12: Stalin’s Daughter by Rosemary Sullivan
Amnesty International Book Club
Each month we use a book to launch a discussion about a major human rights issue. The discussion then leads to an action plan supported by thousands of Amnesty International members to make a change in the world. Read a book, change the world. The club meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:00pm at Queen’s Square. Here’s what the Amnesty International Book Club will be reading:
- March 15: Free the Children by Craig Kielburger
- April 19: Then They Came for Me by Maziar Bahari (also known by the title Rosewater)
- May 17: Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Clemens Mill Book Club
Join our new book club at Clemens Mill which meets the last Wednesday of each month from 6:30pm – 8:00pm. Here's what the Clemens Mill Book Club will be reading:
- March 29: They Left Us Everything by Plum Johnson
- April 26: Into the Magic Shop by James R. Doty
- May 31: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Book Club Kits
Kick start your reading group by taking home a Book Club in a Bag! Each of our book club kits contains everything you need for a lively get-together. You'll find 8 copies of the same book, a tracking sheet [PDF] and discussion guide all in one easy-to-carry tote bag. Bestsellers and more are available:
Websites for Book Clubs
Successfully set up and run your own book club with these discussion guides, links and reviews.
Reading Group Choices
Find informative, fun, and interactive material of interest to book clubs, including discussion topics as well as wine and book pairings.