Go paperless! You can now read many of your favourite books on your computer, eBook reader or mobile device. Reading anywhere has never been easier.
Download eBooks and audiobooks, and watch streaming video, on your computer, eReader, tablet, and many other mobile devices. All you need to get started is a valid library card, an internet connection & free software.
At the end of the lending period, digital titles are returned automatically to the downloadLibrary collection. There are no overdue fines. You can have up to:
- 15 titles at a time checked out
- 15 titles at a time on hold. You will be notified by email when your hold is ready. You have 3 days to checkout your hold after being notified.
More questions about borrowing eBooks or digital audiobooks? See our FAQs [PDF].
downloadLibrary Compatible Devices
Check the supported devices page to see if your device works with downloadLibrary. Even if your device is not supported, you may be able to use OverDrive Read [PDF] or OverDrive Listen [PDF] to read or listen to books through your device's internet browser.
Getting Started Guides
These guides will walk you through the one time setup of your device:
- Kobo Touch, Glo, Mini, Aura [PDF]
- Kobo Aura One
- Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and T2 [PDF]
- Android (including Kobo Vox and Arc) [PDF]
- Android devices with no Google Play Store access (a link to download the app)
- Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch [PDF]
- Blackberry Playbook
- Windows 8, RT, and 10
- Audiobooks & portable audio players [PDF]
Need More Help?
We're happy to answer your questions by email, chat, phone or in person. If we can't answer your question, we'll ask the experts from Overdrive for help.
Tech Training 1-on-1
Do you need help downloading eBooks? Learn to do anything on your computer, tablet, eBook reader, or smart phone with our free 1-on-1 training sessions. To register, contact your local Idea Exchange or use this form.
Answers to common questions:
- Searching tips [PDF]
- Basic device troubleshooting
- Returning digital titles early [PDF]
- Changing your holds email address
- Changing default loan periods
- Changing the default program for eBooks or audiobooks [PDF]
More Free eBooks
downloadLibrary is not your only source for eBooks. Check out this great service.
Listen and read-along with these books on your computer. Contains picture books, early readers, chapter books, teen novels, classics and Shakespeare. No download required. Always available.