Mya Kidson | November 20, 2017
You probably have a favourite book that has shaped your inspiration for reading. For me, my favourite book has to be “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou. Although a few parts were slow, the overall novel was quite an impactful read. I could feel the pain in Maya’s writing as she recalled her childhood. This coming of age novel is a must read for people who are in need of some inspiration.
Now, close your eyes and picture your favourite novel. What makes it so significant for you? Consider this, does the book have a powerful main character? As a reader, I find books empowering when they have strong female leads. These books give me the motivation to achieve success in my life. The following books feature strong female leads that I adore:.
• Maya Angelou’s I know Why the Caged Bird Sings: Featuring Maya Angelou
• Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery: Featuring Anne Shirley
• Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: Featuring Alice
• Jane Eyre by Emily Brontë: Featuring Jane Eyre
• Coraline by Neil Gaiman: Featuring Coraline
• The Help by Kathryn Stockett: Featuring Skeeter