Lee, Queen's Square | March 1, 2017
Hear what one of our teen members has to say about the STEAM Studio March Break Launch Party:
The countdown is on for March Break; what have you got planned?
We’ve got some exciting stuff happening at our Queen’s Square location that we can’t wait to share! Join us for our STEAM Studio launch party on Saturday March 11 from 10:00am-4:00pm, where you can experience our new HTC Vive Virtual Reality System! You can also try:
- Play Station 4 Virtual Reality: Step into new and incredible virtual worlds with a full-body immersive gaming experience!
- LEGO Stemotics Robot Building: Watch as the pros from Stemotics use LEGO EV3 Mindstorms to design and build programmable robots using motors, sensors, gears, wheels, and axles!
- 3D Printing: Imagine, design, and build with InkSmith 3D Printing and Design! Watch as your ideas become reality right before your eyes!
- Google Cardboard: Visit new places, play immersive games, fly through space and more, all through a simple cardboard viewer, your phone, and a variety of apps.
- WaterColour Bot: Try your hand at robopainting and watch as your digital artwork gets transported onto paper!
- Meccanoid GK15 4-foot-tall Robot: Hang out with Meccanoid, who comes with over 1000 phrases and voice recognition to make your personal robot more like your best friend!
- Cricut Cutting Machine: Watch and learn as this smart DIY cutting machine cuts and writes, and helps you make projects with over 100 different materials.
- Pixel Project Exhibit: View the incredible mosaic effect of Cambridge artist Michele Jones’s Pixel Project, a participatory, multi-artist project comprised of over 600 art canvas boards!
- Green Screen: Get your picture taken while swimming with sharks, climbing Mount Everest, or chilling on the beach; follow us on Instagram @ideaxchallenge, and tag your pics #iexchallenge!
Can’t make it to the launch party on March 11? No problem! Experience virtual reality with us on :
- Monday March 13 to Thursday March 16 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm,
- Friday March 17 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm.
Then, come back on Saturday March 18 from 1:30pm – 4:30pm to watch the animation experts from Pixels and Coffee Media master the art of the Google Tilt Brush game on the HTC Vive, offer tips and tricks, and answer all your VR questions!