about + membership banner

1910

Share

History

  • Colour Postcard of Preston Public Library, 1910
    Colour Postcard of Preston Public Library, 1910

History | January 29, 2015

The Preston Library moved into its own building on Argyle Street with a grant of $12,000 from the Carnegie Foundation. The building was designed by architect Mr Bining of Peterborough. Books were moved to the new location by Mr. Arthur Yates using his wheelbarrow.