Idea Exchange | August 7, 2020
Starting on Monday, August 10, Idea Exchange is expanding in-person services to include limited browsing of library materials, Wi-Fi access, and limited study space. Member services, computer use, holds pick-up, and Gallery exhibitions also continue.
- Pick-up Service: Monday to Saturday, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- In-Person Service: Monday to Saturday, 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Old Post Office: Monday to Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm
Makerspace Pick-up Service and Take and Make kits are still available. Services and hours differ between floors.
Members can browse most of our items with staff available to assist with selecting materials. We are now accepting the return of material borrowed from before the closure. Please return your items so others can borrow them.
Some workstations are available for Wi-Fi access as well as study spaces on a first-come, first-served basis. There is also limited availability for Room Bookings. For more information about available space and temporary booking guidelines, please contact locations directly.
We have implemented public health recommendations to ensure the safety of our staff and members. Please review our Safety Procedures before your visit.
Public Computers are available during open hours. At the Old Post Office, public lending laptops will be available for those with a full teen or adult membership on a first-come, first-served basis. Only limited staff assistance is available.
Public Computer Use Guidelines:
- Usage will be limited to one 45-minute session per day, per person.
- There is a 15-minute cleaning period between reservations for sanitization and physical distancing.
- There will be no time extensions or additional sessions.
- A valid Idea Exchange membership or Internet Card is required.
- No 20-minute express computers are available at this time.
- Computer reservations must be made in advance, and can be made by phone or in person. Sessions can be booked for the same day, or one day in advance.
- No food is permitted. However, drinks with lids are allowed.
- No headphones will be provided. Members can bring their own or purchase a headset for $3.00.
- All internet stations are spaced 2-metres apart or have plexiglass guards installed.
- Masks are mandatory and everyone should practice physical distancing.
PRINTING, PHOTOCOPYING, SCANNING, AND FAXING
- Printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing are available.
- Debit and credit payments are encouraged, but cash will be accepted.
- Wireless printing is available.
- Only limited staff assistance is available.