Idea Exchange | October 2, 2020
Idea Exchange continues to offer contact free Pick-up Service of all materials, providing members the opportunity to collect items without entering a public space.
- Pick-up Service is available by request, as described below, during open hours: Monday to Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- External drop boxes at Clemens Mill, Hespeler, Preston, and Queen’s Square remain open 24/7 for returns.
Old Post Office is open for Makerspace Pick-up Service during open hours: Monday to Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm. During these hours, members can submit projects and pick them up once notified they are complete. Take and Make kits are also available.
HOW IT WORKS
- All items for pick up must be placed on hold in advance.
- You can search and reserve materials for Pick-up Service through our online catalogue. Don’t know what you want? Phone or email during service hours with the type of books you enjoy and staff can help you choose books.
- When you have been informed that your holds are available, go to the location’s main entrance and call the phone number on the sign.
- Staff will retrieve your items for you. Please be patient, it may take a few minutes if staff are helping members inside the location.
- You will have six (6) days to pick up your item(s)
- Although we are taking every precaution possible, we cannot guarantee materials are free of the COVID-19 virus. We recommend all borrowed material be quarantined at your home, remaining untouched in the plastic bag for 48 hours. Due dates have all been extended to accommodate the extra time.
- Do not “wash” or “wipe” materials with water or disinfectant wipes as this may cause damage. Members are financially responsible for the replacement of damaged materials.