Idea Exchange | May 4, 2022
Idea Exchange, Old Post Office is open for in-person services, including digital equipment use and study space. Our popular Makerspace Pick-up Service and Take and Make kits also continue. Hours and services differ between floors. Please review all information below before you visit.
What equipment is available and how can I use it?
Makerspace (third floor):
- Laser cutter, large format printer, Cricut machine, embroidery machine, sewing machines, serger, and tools – Call 226.533.2767 ext. 623 to reserve up to two hours on the Makerspace equipment.
- 3D printers – Available through Makerspace Pick-up Service only.
Discovery Centre (second floor):
- Lite Brite wall, LEGO wall, and iPads - Drop-in to use in the Discovery Centre.
- Children’s books, wonderbooks and launchpads, individual STEAM crafts, and STEAMboxes – Drop-in to use in the Discovery Centre or to pick up to take home.
Riverview Room (first floor):
- Study tables, Wi-Fi, laptops, printing, photocopying, and faxing – Drop-in to use in the Riverview and Reading Rooms. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Creative Studios (lower level):
- AV Rooms and digital conversion, Green screen photos, Nintendo Switch on the big screen, Xbox, and PlayStation- Call 226.533.2767 ext. 603 to reserve your time on the Creative Studios equipment.
- Musical instruments (BIG floor piano, regular piano, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, electric drums, theremin) - Drop-in to use in the Creative Studios.
- Virtual Reality – Not available at this time.
- Self-guided building tours – Drop-in only.
- In person Tech 1 on 1s - Call the Old Post Office to make an appointment. Physical distancing of 2m between the staff person and member is required. Tech help over the phone, through email or chat, or through virtual appointment is also available.
- Third floor classroom use - Reservations are available when not in use by Idea Exchange. Regular room rental fees apply.
What do I need to know before my visit?
- A full teen or adult Idea Exchange membership is required for all equipment use.
- A signed waiver is also required to use the Makerspace and Creative Studios.
- Members must know how to use the equipment. Only limited staff help is available.
- At the time of booking, staff will confirm the length of your reservation, and verify your project.