Idea Exchange | January 6, 2022
Idea Exchange, Old Post Office is open for limited in-person services, including some digital equipment use and study space. Our popular Makerspace Pick-up Service and Take and Make kits also continue. Hours and services differ between floors. Please review all information below before you visit.
What equipment is available and how can I use it?
Makerspace (third floor):
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with consideration for the well-being of staff and members, in-person use of this floor is not available at this time.
- Laser cutter, 3D printers, large format printer, button maker, and magnet maker – Available through Makerspace Pick-up Service only.
- Embroidery machine, sewing machines, design computers, and tools - Not available at this time.
Discovery Centre (second floor):
- Children’s books, wonderbooks and launchpads, individual STEAM crafts, and STEAMboxes – Drop-in to use in the Discovery Centre or to pick up to take home.
- Lite Brite wall and LEGO wall - Not available at this time.
Riverview Room (first floor):
- Study tables, Wi-Fi, laptops, printing, photocopying, and faxing – Drop-in to use in the Riverview and Reading Rooms. Available on a first-come, first-served basis. One 2-hour session per day, per person.
- No social or group seating.
Creative Studios (lower level):
- Green screen photos, Nintendo Switch on the big screen, Xbox, and PlayStation- Call 226.533.2767 ext. 603 to reserve your time on the Creative Studios equipment.
- Musical instruments (BIG floor piano, regular piano, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, electric drums, theremin) - Drop-in to use in the Creative Studios.
- AV Rooms and digitization - Not available at this time.
- Virtual Reality – Not available at this time.
- Tech help - Available only over the phone, through email or chat, or through virtual appointment. In-person tech help is not available at this time.
- Third floor classroom use - Available for two (2) person bookings when not in use by Idea Exchange. Regular room rental fees apply.
- Self-guided building tours – Not available at this time.
What do I need to know before my visit?
- A full teen or adult Idea Exchange membership is required for all equipment use.
- A signed waiver is also required to use the Makerspace and Creative Studios.
- Visitor occupancy is limited to ensure 2-metre physical distancing can be maintained at all times.
- We have implemented public health recommendations to ensure the safety of our staff and members. Please review our Safety Procedures before your visit.