Idea Exchange | July 24, 2020
The extended due dates for materials borrowed before the March closure are expiring, please check your account to verify due dates. Reminder notices and overdue notices will be sent out accordingly.
Options and details for returning materials:
- External drop boxes are open 24/7 at Clemens Mill, Hespeler, Preston, and Queen’s Square for returns.
- Materials can be renewed online or via telephone at 519.740.3000, if the two renewal limit has not been reached.
- All returned materials will be held in quarantine for a minimum of 96 hours. During this quarantine period, the items will remain checked out to your account. This helps reduce possible exposure of COVID-19 for staff and reduces the risk of cross contamination to other materials and equipment.
- No overdue fines will be charged.
- Oversized materials, such as Book Club in a Bag, Maker Kits, Read the Rainbow Kits, puzzles and games cannot be returned through our external drop boxes. These materials must be returned to the main entrance when library staff are in the building: Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm. DO NOT leave items sitting at the door when staff are not in the building. You are responsible for items until they are accepted by staff.
- Only oversized items will be accepted in person. If you are returning additional items such as books, DVDs, or magazines, please use the external drop box.
Donations will not be accepted during this time.