Idea Exchange offering limited In-Person Services
Idea Exchange is excited to expand our reopening services to include limited In-Person Services beginning Monday, July 13. We continue to reopen our services with a phased approach so that we may continue to follow the requirements and recommendations set out by government and health officials. During this next phase, the Province of Ontario has mandated that members are not permitted to handle books or materials from the shelves.
As we reintroduce our services during each phase, we want to ensure that everyone stays safe with the implementation of Safety and Cleaning Procedures.
Please note that anyone entering or remaining in our buildings must wear a face covering which covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required under Region of Waterloo By-law 20-035
Please check back to this page for up-to-date information on our current services.
Locations and Hours
- Pick-up Service for holds continues outdoors Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 12:00pm, at Clemens Mill, Hespeler, Preston, and Queen’s Square locations. The building will be closed to the public during these times.
- All Locations will be open to the public Monday through Saturday, 12:00pm to 6:00pm, for computer use, holds checkout, new memberships, account assistance, printing, and photocopying. Collection browsing is not available at this time.
- Idea Exchange, Old Post Office will be open Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm for public laptop lending and equipment use. Makerspace Pick-up Service and Take and Make kits will also be available during service hours. Old Post Office In-Person Services and hours differ between floors.
- External drop boxes at Clemens Mill, Hespeler, Preston, and Queen’s Square remain open 24/7. There is no rush to return your items. All due dates for items borrowed before the closure have been extended until Tuesday, July 21 and no overdue fines will be charged until further notice.
- Staff at each location will be available by phone during service hours: Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm.