Cambridge Art Galleries is currently accepting submissions for the following:
Call for Emerging Curators (Ontario)
Application is due on or before December 1, 2019 by fillable form found here.
We are seeking expressions of interest from emerging Ontario based curators to develop an exhibition or project (solo or group) for our Preston gallery space. The call is open to those who wish to have an opportunity to develop their curatorial skills and vision supported by a professional public art gallery team. The selected Emerging Curator will be responsible for all aspects of exhibition development including preparing a short-written statement, coordinating with artists, designing the exhibition, and developing content for all promotional materials. We will provide mentorship, staff support, curatorial fee, artist fees, budget for installation, installation team, promotion and documentation of the exhibition.
We are seeking ideas for exhibitions/projects that are timely, experimental, and cross disciplinary in any medium or format. Alternative design and writing methodologies are also encouraged. For the purposes of this call, emerging is defined by those practicing 5 years or less in curatorial roles.
The selected exhibition/project will be developed over time and the final installation/presentation will take place in winter 2020/21
Cambridge Art Galleries is committed to the inclusion of diverse voices and encourages applications from emerging curators of all backgrounds
- Project working title
- Brief bio of the curator(s)
- Brief statement outlining your curatorial interests (500 words max)
- Brief exhibition proposal including the name of at least one artist you would like to work with (500 words maximum)
- Support images if available (up to 10)
Call for Fibreworks 2020
Fibreworks, now in its 18th edition, is a biennial juried exhibition of contemporary Canadian fibre art. The works are selected by an external jury based on an open call for submissions to Canadian artists. It showcases some of the most current and versatile approaches to fibre as a medium and/or process. This exhibition is one of the largest group shows in Canada and serves as a survey of the artists currently working in the medium.
Applications are due January 15, 2020 and can be submitted here.
Conditions of Entry
1. Open to all Canadian artists. Limit of 3 entries per artist. Deadline for entry is: Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
2. Eligible works include any artwork where fibre or textile is the principle element.
3. All works must have been completed by the artist within the last 2 years. All works must be ready to install and available to ship within Canada.
4. Each entry may be represented by up to 3 images including details. Each image must be numbered and include the name of the artist and title of each work.
5. Please note, all submitted information should be in digital format (Word and PDF documents accepted). Include a brief statement (150 words max) describing each submitted artwork and a 1 page CV.
6. Final selections will be made at the discretion of the jurors. All decisions are final. Selected artists will be notified by February 21, 2020.
7. Finalists will receive an artist fee (based on CARFAC rates). Shipping costs will be covered by the gallery.
- Cambridge Art Galleries accepts submissions from Ontario-based artists and artist collectives for the Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance grant. Click here for more information
Sign up to receive updates and announcements for Calls for Submissions + Applications from Idea Exchange. Click here to join our list.