Gabrielle Clermont and Karly Boileau | March 9, 2021
During the Intuitive Weaving workshops with artist, Alisa McRonald, participants had the chance to learn several simple weaving techniques such as warping a loom, plain weave, sumac stitch, coil stitch, changing colours, adding embellishments and tying off your finished piece!
In case you missed our Intuitive Weaving workshop, here is a round up of all the resources we discussed and shared:
- There are lots of books in our library collection you can sign out and learn more about weaving.
- Branch weaving: try weaving using branches as your loom! Try this short tutorial for a good, quick overview or try this longer tutorial that shows you how in more detail.
- Interweave publishes many great how-to books with easy to follow instructions with pictures.
- The Weaving Loom is a great website for weaving resources.
- There are several Weaver and Spinners Guilds in the area including Kitchener and Guelph
- Canadian Tapestry and Textile Centre
- Supplies: Galt House of Yarn (Cambridge), Camilla Valley Farm (Orangeville), Wellington Fibres (Elora), Handknit Yarn Studio (Hamilton)
- Woodstock Fleece Festival
- Twist Festival
Thank you again to the Black Sheep Textile Festival for partnering with us on this workshop!