Lisa Birke, Artist | August 9, 2017
KNITTERS, and lovers, children or friends of KNITTERS…..I NEED YOUR FABULOUS PHOTOS!!
I am looking for people to contribute to my exhibition The Knits at Cambridge Art Galleries (Idea Exchange, Queen’s Square Gallery, Cambridge, Ontario) coming up this September. Please email me your wacky, wonderful or just simply beautiful picture of you wearing “that” sweater or knitted item. “That” item, that was lovingly created by your mom, grandma, auntie, or of course, any uncle or other male knitting aficionado.
As part of this installation, I will be dedicating one wall to your images honouring the knitters in your lives who give their time, love and talent into keeping us warm.
What I need:
- Either a scanned “old school” photo or polaroid or a digital photo of you, a family member, or even a pet wearing “that” sweater that you love and/or love to hate.
- Size: minimum size: 3in x 4in (or 900 x 1200px) 300 dpi and maximum size: 8in x 10in (2400 x 3000px) 300dpi. (Either orientation—horizontal or vertical—is fine.) If you don’t understand digital images or resolution sizes just scan or snap a pic with your phone. I have some software to upscale and fix the image (to an extent) if needed.
- Selected images will be printed and displayed in small thrift-shop frames, salon style, on one wall of the exhibition. Please note that images may be resized to fit the frames. I will try to include as many of the pictures received as possible (to be determined by response).
- This wall will also be open to contributions throughout the run of the exhibition, but for a better chance of inclusion please send me your images as soon as possible.
- By emailing me your images, you agree to have the photograph exhibited for the duration of the show from September 15th through to November without a fee paid to you, the knitter or the photographer (sorry!). Participation is purely voluntary. You also agree to having your image used in any press or documentation of the exhibition. A list of contributors will be provided in the exhibition.
- Send your images to lisa [at] lisabirke.com or via link through http://wetransfer.com
- Please include: NAME (of person wearing the sweater) as well as the NAME OF THE KNITTER (and relation to you) and when the photo was taken, in the body of your email. You are more than welcome to remain anonymous if you wish (if you do not want your name associated with your image, please specify this in your email).
- Images can be sent from anywhere.
- Please forward this message to anyone you think might be interested.
Please get in touch if you have any additional questions. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of wonderful KNIT-WEAR!!!!