art galleries banner

1830-1840. cpl

29 Meadowcreek Lane

Address: 29 Meadow Creek Rd.

Owner: Peter and Mary Jane Glaser

Significance: This elegant Blair residence, known as Meadow Creek Farm, has changed significantly from the time it was first built in 1832.
After the original dwelling was destroyed by fire, owner Adam Keishhaber moved another house onto the old stone foundations. Over the years several additions have extended the residence. Among those who have called Meadow Creek Farm home was Fred Gassett, a member of the research team headed by doctors Banting and Best who discovered insulin.

206 Montrose Street

Address: 206 Montrose St.

Owner: Name withheld

Significance: Built in the 1830s by the Rudel brothers at the corner of Montrose Street and Queenston Road, this home first housed Preston's Lutheran and German Methodist churches. In 1837, the Lutheran congregation moved into their own church and the building was eventually put to its current residential use.

216 Kitchener Road

Address: 216 Kitchener Road

Owners: Name withheld

Significance: This white clapboard home was built in 1837 by early Preston settler Jacob Hagey. Built in the German Georgian style, a large limestone addition has been added to the rear of the house and a large summer fireplace still stands in the home's backyard. The home is a good and well preserved example of a building type that reflects the Penn—German origin of the community’s early settlers.

58 Fallbrook Lane

Address: 58 Fallbrook Lane

Owner: Name withheld

Significance: This is one of the oldest homes in Cambridge. This German/Georgian home was built for the Bechtel family in 1834 and is typical of the early frame homes erected by settlers with a Pennsylvania/German background.

The home has not been designated, but is considered significant based on its architectural and historical merits.

Pages