Since 2001, the rare Charitable Research Reserve has worked to preserve, intact, in perpetuity, a 900+ acre land reserve at the confluence of the Grand and Speed Rivers, by focusing on conservation, research, education, passive recreation and community engagement. In one of the fastest growing areas of the country, rare seeks to increase awareness of and provide access to a beautiful landscape rich with natural and cultural heritage, including diverse habitats and ecosystems, pre-settlement landscapes and historic, archetypal buildings.
rare Charitable Research Reserve
1. 3byLAND – THREAD by Janet Rosenberg + Associates (Slit Barn)
2. The Ideal House Project by Yvonne Lammerich & Ian Carr-Harris (Slit Barn)
3. Theory + Design Contemporary Landscape – Waterloo Architecture (11 Installations between the Springbank Farm and Slit Barn)
4. North House – Waterloo Architecture (Springbank Farm)
5. haudenausaunee – A Modern Long House – Waterloo Architecture (Springbank Farm)
6. OSSGA (Ontario Stone, Sand & Gravel Association) Student Design Competition Waynco Pit – University of Guelph Landscape Architecture Program & Fanshawe College (Lambs Inn)