Laureen, Queen's Square | November 5, 2020
We are now participating in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, toddler and/or preschooler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your child starts kindergarten.
Although 1000 books sounds like a huge number, consider this:
If you read just one book a day, you will have read 365 books in a year and you could finish in less than three years.
Read 10 books per week? Less than two years. Three books a day? Less than a year!
The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program launches on October 18th and this is how you can sign up.
1. Pick up your tracking chart at any Idea Exchange location.
2. Each time you read a book, fill in a space on the chart.
3. After reading your first 100 books, visit your Idea Exchange location to pick up a prize.
4. Once you have reached 500 books, you’re half way there! Bring your chart to your Idea Exchange location and collect a prize and your second chart.
5. Continue your reading journey until you reach 1000 books and collect a prize and certificate
Visit the I000 Books Before Kindergarten website for more information and activities.