Brandon from Queen's Square | November 1, 2021
~~ This program is running in November & December of 2021. Search our calendar to register. ~~
Greetings, marvelous mathemagicians!
Math Quest is back and better than ever! Join me and our various cartoon guest hosts as we explore and practice adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, place values, money, time, shapes, and more! Problem solve and make friends over Zoom with our other participants.
Math Quest Kits will be available for participants to check out and take home for the duration of the program. Here are some of the cool things you can expect to find inside...
- helper charts and tiles for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and more
- a solar calculator
- an inventory sheet and a supply of fake cash for money games
- protractors and rulers
- a balance with weights
- a geared plastic clock for time travelling games
- a MINGO! card with a supply of chips (What's MINGO!? Why, Math Bingo, of course!) and
- a dry-erase marker (Please don't use permanent markers on Math Quest stuff... I will cry... Just kidding... Maybe...)
- and lots more!
As you can probably tell, Math Quest is not memorization and worksheets --it's having fun with numbers, shapes, and friends. So come join the party!
You can also request different math games and resources to use on your own or with your friends and family, just like any other library items. Catalogue search "PlaySmarts: Count" to see what we've got. We get more cool stuff for our PlaySmarts take-home toy and game collection all the time. Zoom ya later!
Youth Services Librarian
Idea Exchange Queen's Square
519-641-0460 ext. 144