Brandon from Preston | April 6, 2021
Greetings, marvelous mathemagicians!
Math Quest is back and better than ever! Join me and our various cartoon guest hosts as we explore and practice adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, place values, money, time, shapes, and more! Problem solve and make friends over Zoom with our other participants.
Math Quester Kits are now available at our Preston location (while supplies last) or you can download and make most of what's in the kits from this webpage:
- a helper chart for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions
- an inventory sheet for money games
- a giant, laminated protractor/ruler
- a printable, make-your-own pokéball chronograph and clock
- a MINGO! card with a supply of chips (What's MINGO!? Why, Math Bingo, of course!) and
- a dry-erase marker (Please don't use permanent markers on Math Quest stuff... I will cry... Just kidding... Maybe...)
You can also request different math games and resources to use on your own or with your friends and family, just like any other library items. Catalogue search "PlaySmarts: Count" to see what we've got. I ordered some brand new, extra special, super-duper mathematical stuff just last month. And more will become available as we get it all catalogued and ready for you. Zoom ya later!
Youth Services Librarian
Idea Exchange Preston, Cambridge ON
519-641-0460 ext. 703