Andrea, Queen's Square | March 24, 2021
Babies and tots from birth to 35 months of age can join Idea Exchange and get a My First Membership Card. We hope you have fun reading to your little bunny!
With a My First Membership Card, our youngest members can:
- Borrow any juvenile material (excluding DVDs) with no overdue fines!
- Can borrow up to 99 items
- Renew books
- Place holds on materials
Replacement costs will apply if the materials are damaged or lost.
To get a My First Membership Card:
- The child must be present in the library.
- The child’s parent or legal guardian must:
- live in Cambridge or a reciprocal borrowing area
- provide proof of their full name and current address. Proof of address can be a valid driver's license, passport, any item mailed to your current address with a recent (1 month) postmark, rent receipt, tax bill or lease agreement.
- complete and sign the membership form [PDF]
- sign the library card
When your baby turns three, they will get a birthday postcard in the mail asking to come and update their membership to a juvenile card.
When you sign up for a My First Membership Card, you will also receive a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten chart to start tracking all the reading you do together before school. And don't forget, you can put board books on hold now!
It is never too early to read with your child!