Kids, Idea Exchange | September 1, 2017
Science Literacy Week highlights Canada’s outstanding scientists and science communicators from coast-to-coast. The goals are to showcase the excellence and diversity of Canadian science and share the excitement of scientific learning. From September 18-24, 2017 libraries, universities, museums and other partners feature their STEAM programs, we invite you to join us at Idea Exchange as we investigate the world of science together:
Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are … come for songs, rhymes, stories, and fun learning activities that will inspire curious minds to explore science, technology, engineering, art, math, and more!
Free, Drop-in. All ages.
- Tues, Sept 19, 7:00 – 7:30pm, Hespeler
- Wed, Sept 20, 6:30 - 7:00pm, Queens Square
- Fri, Sept 22, 10:30 – 11:00am, Hespeler
- Sat, Sept 23, 2:00 – 2:30pm, Queens Square
The 4 P.M Project
School’s out. Now what? Come and explore, create, and share. Crafts, robotics, comics and more. Minecraft, Pokémon and Marvel to explore. Build, paint, draw, and construct. New ideas and activities every week
Free, Drop-in. School age.
- Mon, Sept 18, 4:00 – 5:00pm, Clemens Mill
- Tues, Sept 19, 4:00 - 5:00 pm, Queens Square
- Wed, Sept 20, 4:00 – 4:30pm, Preston
- Thurs, Sept 21, 4:00 - 5:00pm, Queens Square
WonderWorks: STEM Edition
Calling all builders, creators and innovators! Explore science, tech, engineering and math using old school activities and brand new toys and games. We’ll create and discover something new every week!
Free, Drop-in. JK/SK/Gr1.
- Thurs, Sept 21, 4:00 – 5:00pm, Clemens Mill
These drop-in programs are offered throughout the fall season, in addition we offer a wide range of registered programs for children of all ages. Mark your calendars for our in-person registration on Monday, September 11 at all locations. Phone registrations begin Tuesday, September 12.