Sarah, Clemens Mills | June 3, 2021
What is all the hoopla about this new service called Hoopla!?
Hoopla is a new online service that lets you borrow movies, TV shows, music, ebooks, audiobooks, digital music and comics using your Idea Exchange membership card.
Within Hoopla there is a Kids Mode that only features kid-friendly content, specifically for children ages 12 and under. Once you are logged in to Hoopla, go to Settings on the right side of the screen and choose Kids Mode.
One of the best features about this service is there is NO waiting! Which is truly amazing since we all know when our kids (and let’s be honest, us too) see new content, they want it now!
This means you can borrow your favourite Frozen ebooks, music and comics with just one click! You can find the newest Minecraft content and not have to wait! Give your voice a break and switch up your bedtime story with a classic Robert Munsch read along book! Just search within our catalogue or on the Hoopla home page or app to discover even more amazing content.
How Hoopla Works:
- Borrow up to 4 items per month (NEW! Borrow 6 items for the rest of 2021). Your credits reset with each new month. Credits don’t carry over between months.
- No holds or wait lists.
- All items are automatically returned on their due date. No fines!
- You can stream content through your TV, computer or phone or tablet.
- Movies and TV content are available for 3 days.
- Music is available for 7 days.
- Audiobooks and ebooks are available for 21 days.
Don’t have an Idea Exchange membership? It's easy and free to become a member if you live in the City of Cambridge. Just visit one of our locations to obtain a full Idea Exchange membership card, or sign up for an Online Membership which gives you immediate access to all of our online resources. To renew a membership online, please fill out this renewal form.
GET STARTED NOW:
You can use your computer, tablet or smartphone to login online and stream content OR you can download content through the Hoopla app.
- Go to the Hoopla log in page. Enter your library card number.
- Click Get Started.
- Follow the instructions to make an account with your library card number and email address. Once you have an account created, all you need to do is log in.
- Start browsing and borrowing!
OR Download the App! You can download the Hoopla app on devices running iOS or Android for phone or tablet usage. It’s recommended that you connect to wireless Internet rather than using cellular data, as streaming and downloading multimedia content uses a significant amount of bandwidth.