Cassidy, Queen's Square | December 1, 2018
What are Podcasts?
Podcasts are essentially radio shows, but instead of rushing home from school to be in front of the radio in time to catch the newest episode of Little Orphan Annie, these shows are available online for you to listen to any time at your leisure.
Like radio shows, podcasts can be about anything and everything, from politics to pop culture to stories to sport. Some podcasts even tour, recording shows in front of live audiences all over the world!
You can download podcasts from various websites and apps like iTunes, Spotify and RadioPublic onto your computer, smartphone or tablet. No computer? No problem! Use your library card at one of our locations to listen on one of our public computers!
Websites like Listen Notes help you find podcasts, new episodes, and where to listen. Or, to get started, check out one of the shows below.
May I Suggest?
- Lovett or Leave It, a weekly, down-to-earth political podcast by former speech writer for President Obama, Jon Lovett.
- My Brother, My Brother and Me, a weekly show in which three hilarious brothers dole out dubious advice that “should never be followed”.
- Welcome to Night Vale, a narrative podcast, presented as a local radio show about strange happenings in an even stranger town.
- Gymcastic, a podcast that keeps you up-to-date with all of the latest news from the world of gymnastics.
- The Adventure Zone stars the brothers of My Brother, My Brother and Me, along with their father Clint, as they attempt a hilarious and heart-warming campaign of popular tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, a game that’s meant to be cooperative, even if family sometimes isn’t.
- My Favourite Murder
- The Secret Life of Canada
- The Allusionist
- Unattended Consequences
- Levar Burton Reads
Rather read than listen? Check these out these great reads about and inspired by podcasts!
Interested in getting your voice on the airwaves (or at least the WiFi)? Our Old Post Office location now has recording booths so you can try your own hand (and voice) at podcasting!