Address: 209 West River Rd.
0wner: Name withheld
Significance: This Vintage stone cottage was built circa 1861 for Malcolm McLaren and is one of the oldest homes on the street. It was once part of a 15 acre farm which lay between the river and West River Road. Architecturally, the cottage is fairly typical of the Ontario cottage style. It is constructed of gray V granite with limestone quoins at its corners. The main entrance features a heavy door with transom and sidelights which is protected by a porch that has Doric columns. Its windows are large and symmetrically placed and one of its original stone chimneys remain.
Landmarks is a regular feature of the Cambridge Times. Information is supplied through the Cambridge Archives and MHAC, the Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee.
Built circa 1861.