Address: 275 West River Rd.
Owner: Name withheld
Significance: According to the Waterloo Historical Society, this two-storey stone home was built as a suburban residence in 1916, although some believe it dates back to the 1870s. Architecturally, the granite and limestone home has been built in the Italianate style and carries Galt architect James Dalgleish’s hallmark mix of various coloured stone. A series of Welsh-arched windows contrast the large lancet window in the front gable. The home’s roofline has deep eaves and soffits.
Landmarks is a regular feature of the Cambridge Times. Information is supplied through the Cambridge Archives and MHAC, the Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee.
Perhaps built in 1916, perhaps dates back to 1870s.