Shawna, Old Post Office | October 12, 2021
Welcome back to the Old Post Office Makerspace!
As part of our return to regular Sunday and evening hours, we are rebooting our Makerspace Reward Card Program.
When you bring in an original project to work on in the Makerspace and need to purchase supplies from us, you qualify for a stamp on our Makerspace Reward Card. After 6 stamps you will receive up to $9.00 off your 7th purchase of materials. (Sorry, Take and Make kits do not qualify for this program.)
Idea Exchange members can reserve up to two (2) hours on the Makerspace equipment by calling 226.533.2767 ext. 623.
We are also still accepting complete designed project submissions through our Makerspace Pickup Service. Through this service, Idea Exchange members can submit their laser cutter, 3D printer, pinback button, and magnet projects to oporeception [at] ideaexchange.org, staff will complete the job and contact you when it is ready for pick-up.
The Makerspace has some great equipment you can create with…
- Trotec Speedy 360 Flexx Laser cutter for cutting thin sheets of ply wood that you can purchase at cost from the Makerspace. Or supply your own wood or glasses for etching a photo or design.
- Two Cubicon FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printers are great for many designs that use the basic PLA plastic filament.
- Ultimaker S5 3D Printer can be used for more complicated designs that need intricate supports. This 3D printer can layer in a dissolvable filament to support the printed structure. We now have ABS and TPU filaments available for this printer.
- Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery machine and Artistic Digitizer design software.
- Cricut Maker, EasyPress (12"x10"), and Epson Ecotank 2760 printer. Using some or all of the Cricut products you can make paper crafts and cards, iron transfers for fabrics, window cling shapes or permanent vinyl designs for items like mugs.
To help you in learning how to use the equipment here in the Makerspace, Old Post Office staff have been busy putting together tutorials on our Youtube channel! Check our Programs and Events calendar regularly for our virtual workshops.
Looking for inspiration? Check out #OPOmade to see what staff and community members have created in the Makerspace. See you soon!