The winter holiday season is officially upon us. It seems to have come upon us a little early this...
Idea Exchange, Old Post Office offers a Makerspace Pick-up Service to provide members with the...
Cambridge teachers and frontline workers: let us put your smiling face on a button! Idea...
Take the joy of the Old Post Office's Makerspace home with you! Our Take and Make...
In the upcoming months, the Old Post Office will be highlighting some of the creative technologies...
Gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge with other community makers. Explore textiles, electronic and laser cutting, robotics, soldering and 3D printing in the Makerspace. With such a selection of innovative equipment you will want some technical training – and we are happy to help with courses that will build your skills in technology and beyond. The Makerspace is a hands-on learning environment designed for people of all interests – so come prepared to discover and watch your passions take flight.
- Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery machine
- Trotec Speedy 360 Flexx Laser cutter
- Two Cubicon FDM (fused Filament fabrication) 3D printers
- Cricut Maker and EasyPress (12"x10")
- Knitting Machine (Brother Electroknit KH-940)
- Soldering Iron and Soldering Sucker
- DREMEL 4300 Variable Speed Rotary Tool
- Sewing machines (Janome SUV1122)
- Design Computers (Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, various Freeware)
- Tecre 225 Manual Button Maker
- Various Maker Accessories (handtools, paint, glue, embellishments, etc)
All users must read and sign the Old Post Office User Agreement and Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnity Agreement [PDF] before using the Makerspace and Creative Studios equipment for the first time.
A great place to start your maker journey is familiarizing yourself with basic guides and tutorials of the equipment available in the Makerspace. Regardless of whether you are a novice just starting out or an advanced user in need of a refresher, these guides will walk you through the equipment so you will be up and running in no time.
While most of the equipment can be used and understood in a short time, it is also extremely powerful, ready to be taken as far as your imagination allows. From prototyping and 3D modeling, to robotics, to laser cut signage, the Learn More section will help you take the next steps in your making. Here you will find additional resources, inspiration, and learn advanced techniques to take your skills even higher.