At a time when almost all library access is virtual, library users need tech help more than ever....
We've been expanding opportunities for members to experiment with various filaments for our new...
Idea Exchange, Old Post Office offers a Makerspace Pick-up Service to provide members with the...
One of the main reasons we wanted to purchase a new 3D printer was to give the community the...
We are very excited here in the Old Post Office Makerspace to announce that our new Epson Ecotank...
Gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge with other community makers. Explore textiles, electronic and laser cutting, robotics, soldering and 3D printing in the Makerspace. With such a selection of innovative equipment you will want some technical training – and we are happy to help with courses that will build your skills in technology and beyond. The Makerspace is a hands-on learning environment designed for people of all interests – so come prepared to discover and watch your passions take flight.
- Trotec Speedy 360 Flexx Laser cutter
- Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
- Two Cubicon FDM (fused Filament fabrication) 3D printers
- Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery machine
- Cricut Maker, EasyPress (12"x10"), and Epson Ecotank 2760 printer
- Knitting Machine (Brother Electroknit KH-940)
- Soldering Iron and Soldering Sucker
- DREMEL 4300 Variable Speed Rotary Tool
- Sewing machines (Janome SUV1122)
- Design Computers (Adobe Creative Cloud, CorelDraw Graphics Suite, various Freeware)
- Tecre 225 Manual Button Maker
- Various Maker Accessories (handtools, paint, glue, embellishments, etc)
All users must read and sign the Old Post Office User Agreement and Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnity Agreement [PDF] before using the Makerspace and Creative Studios equipment for the first time.
A great place to start your maker journey is familiarizing yourself with basic guides and tutorials of the equipment available in the Makerspace. Regardless of whether you are a novice just starting out or an advanced user in need of a refresher, these guides will walk you through the equipment so you will be up and running in no time.
While most of the equipment can be used and understood in a short time, it is also extremely powerful, ready to be taken as far as your imagination allows. From prototyping and 3D modeling, to robotics, to laser cut signage, the Learn More section will help you take the next steps in your making. Here you will find additional resources, inspiration, and learn advanced techniques to take your skills even higher.