1 North Square, Cambridge, ON
See Map: Google Maps
A free tax clinic in conjunction with the community volunteer income tax program is being sponsored by the Cambridge Council on Aging and hosted by Idea Exchange in Cambridge at 2 locations, Queen’s Square and Preston.
Individuals who reside in Cambridge are eligible to have their returns prepared for free by a volunteer CPA if they have a modest income and a simple tax situation. Generally, modest income is $30,000 or less for 1 person or $40,000 for 2 persons (or $2,500 for each additional person in a family)
Simple tax situation
In general, tax situations are defined as simple if an individual has no income or only has income from these sources:
- government benefits such as CPP, OAS, GIS, disability, employment insurance, social assistance etc.
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSP's)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
A tax situation is not considered simple if they involve the following:
- self-employment or have employment expenses
- business or rental income and expenses
- capital gains or losses
- filed for bankruptcy
- a tax return for a deceased person
Appointments can be booked by calling 519-623-1713 (Melissa) weekdays or emailing admin [at] spccnd.org
- Some drop offs maybe permitted
- Clients must provide all forms and receipts as well as their prior year return
- Special arrangements maybe available for those that are housebound.
Please note the Friday, April 20 clinic runs from 10am-3pm only.
Free, must be eligible to attend.