Brought to us by the KW Multicultural Center, “Let's Talk" is a program for newcomer youth focused on education and career guidance.
- Learn how to reach your career/education goals and/or figure out what careers you may be interested in
- Get up to 10 volunteer hours
- Meet career mentors in fields that you may be interested in
- Receive a certificate once you've completed the program that you can put on your resume
- Win gift cards!
- Learn new types of art through different art activities
We use arts activities like drawing, poetry, and drama plus connections with community mentors to help you figure out your future career and education goals.
We believe that as a community, we can and should listen to the voices of newcomer youth. Through programs like this, we support young people in making a positive difference in their communities, expand youth knowledge, and enhance their understanding of Canadian culture, systems, values, rights, and responsibilities.
We are here to empower newcomer youth to make informed choices that are consistent with their values and help them achieve their dreams.
- Welcome to Let’s Talk
- Exploring Wellness
- What Do I Want To Be?
- Discovering Community
- How Did You Do That? (Community Mentorship)
- But I Need A Job! (Youth Employment)
- Your Rights
- Now What?
This program is delivered by the KW Multicultural Center through Google Classrooms.