Whether you want to discover a new favourite author or meet new friends, we can bring 50 shades of exciting to your life.
Join us for a discussion at one of our book clubs, or check out a Book Club in a Bag for your very own group.
Beyond the Book
This new book club at Queen’s Square meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 2:00 - 3:30pm. Each season, we'll have a different theme and explore the worlds of three different books.
- January 15: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- February 19: Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- March 25: Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin
The Un | Book Club
With no set book to read, this club is about conversation and enjoying a beverage of your choice at a different pub or cafe in Cambridge on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 – 8:00pm. Discuss what you've been reading, watching or listening to, while meeting new people! Share a favourite book and make new connections in a relaxed, social environment.
- January 21: My Thai Restaurant, 44 Grand Avenue South, Unit#101, Cambridge, ON N1S 2L6 (Map)
- February 18: Blackwing Coffee Bar, 135 George Street North, Unit#100, Cambridge, ON N1S 5C3 (Map)
- March 17: Piatto Pizzeria, 350 Hespeler Road, Unit#1, Cambridge, ON N1R 6J6 (Map)
- April 21: QBBQ Public House, 164 Beverly Street, Cambridge, ON N1R 3Z5 (Map)
- May 19: Grain of Salt, 561 Hespeler Road, Unit#18, Cambridge, ON N1R 6J4 (Map)
Preston Book Club
Prefer a more traditional approach? Drop into the Preston Book Club on the last Friday of the month from 9:30 - 11:00am. Come, discover and discuss new books!
- January 31: This is How it Always is by Laurie Frankle
- February 28: The Last Neanderthal by Claire Cameron
- March 27: Late Nights on Air by Elizabeth Hay
Clemens Mill Book Club
Join our book club at Clemens Mill which meets on the second Monday of the month (unless otherwise stated), 6:30 – 8:00pm.
- January 13: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- February 10: The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
- March 9: Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Harry Potter Book Club (New!)
This is a new book club for adults. Join us as we read through the Harry Potter series. This book club meets at the Queen's Square branch on the 3rd Monday of each month, 7:00 - 8:00pm.
- January 20: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- February 10: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- March 16: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
YA is Not Just for Teens Book Club (New!)
You do not have to be a teen to be a part of this book club, the only requirement is a love for reading YA books. Whether you secretly read YA or show off your YA books for all to see, this book club is for you! Join fellow YA readers once a month at the Old Post Office branch from 7:00-8:00pm as we explore the wonderful world of YA books, with a different theme each month (see below for themes). We guarantee your “to read” list will grow!
- January 21: Fairy Tales with a Twist
- February 18: Heart-Breakers
- March 24: Mysteries and Thrillers
Book Club Kits
Kick start your reading group by taking home a Book Club in a Bag! Each of our book club kits contains everything you need for a lively get-together. You'll find 8 copies of the same book, a tracking sheet [PDF] and discussion guide all in one easy-to-carry tote bag. Bestsellers and more are available:
Websites for Book Clubs
Successfully set up and run your own book club with these discussion guides, links and reviews.
Reading Group Choices
Find informative, fun, and interactive material of interest to book clubs, including discussion topics as well as wine and book pairings.