Whether you want to discover a new favourite author or meet new friends, we can bring 50 shades of exciting to your life.
Join us for a discussion at one of our book clubs, or check out a Book Club in a Bag for your very own group.
The Un | Book Club
With no set book to read, this club is about conversation and enjoying a beverage of your choice at a different pub or cafe in Cambridge on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 – 8:00pm (no meetings in July and August). Discuss what you've been reading, watching or listening to, while meeting new people! Share a favourite book and make new connections in a relaxed, social environment.
- Feb 20: Grain of Salt, 561 Hespeler Rd (see map)
- March 20: Napa Grille and Wine Den, 20 Hobson St (see map)
- April 17: Ernie's Roadhouse, 7 Queen St W (see map)
- May 15: Moderno Bistro and Cocktail Bar, 383 Elgin St N (see map)
Preston Book Club
Prefer a more traditional approach? Drop into the Preston Book Club on the last Friday of each month from 9:30 - 11:00am (no meetings in July and August). Come, discover and discuss new books!
- Feb 23: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- Mar 23: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Hespeler Book Club
Join us in the program room at Hespeler on the second Friday of each month from 10:30 – 12:00pm. We've also added an evening edition in the Hespeler program room on the second Thursday of the month from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Here's what the Hespeler Book Club will be reading this season:
- Feb 8 and 9: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- March 8 and 9: The Man Who Loved China by Simon Winchester
- April 12 and 13: The Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead
- May 10 and 11: Circling the Sun, by Paula McLain
- June 8 and June 14: The Boys in the Boat, by Daniel Brown
Amnesty International Book Club
Each month we use a book to launch a discussion about a major human rights issue. The discussion then leads to an action plan supported by thousands of Amnesty International members to make a change in the world. Read a book, change the world. The club meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:00pm at Queen’s Square. Here’s what the Amnesty International Book Club will be reading:
Clemens Mill Book Club
Join our book club at Clemens Mill which meets the last Wednesday of the month (2017) and last Thursday of the month (2018), 6:30pm – 8:00pm (no meetings in July and August). Here's what the Clemens Mill Book Club will be reading:
Book Club Kits
Kick start your reading group by taking home a Book Club in a Bag! Each of our book club kits contains everything you need for a lively get-together. You'll find 8 copies of the same book, a tracking sheet [PDF] and discussion guide all in one easy-to-carry tote bag. Bestsellers and more are available:
Websites for Book Clubs
Successfully set up and run your own book club with these discussion guides, links and reviews.
Reading Group Choices
Find informative, fun, and interactive material of interest to book clubs, including discussion topics as well as wine and book pairings.