Go paperless! You can now read many of your favourite books on your computer, eBook reader or mobile device. Reading anywhere has never been easier.
Download eBooks and audiobooks, and watch streaming video, on your computer, eReader, tablet, and many other mobile devices. All you need to get started is a valid library card, an internet connection & free software for your device.
downloadLibrary has released the new Libby App. See this video and guide for more information on using Libby.
At the end of the lending period, digital titles are returned automatically to the downloadLibrary collection. There are no overdue fines. You can have up to:
- 15 titles at a time checked out
- 15 titles at a time on hold. You will be notified by email when your hold is ready.
NEW: OverDrive has released a new feature called DELIVER LATER to give you more control over your OverDrive holds. This new option requires you to manually borrow your holds when they're available, including any current holds. The automatic hold checkout setting is no longer available with our OverDrive collection. Learn more about this new feature here.
More questions about borrowing eBooks or digital audiobooks? See our FAQs [PDF].
downloadLibrary Compatible Devices
Check the supported devices page to see if your device works with downloadLibrary. Even if your device is not supported, you may be able to use OverDrive Read [PDF] or OverDrive Listen [PDF] to read or listen to books through your device's internet browser.
- If you have an older model Kobo eReader, you may no longer be able to transfer Overdrive eBooks to your device using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). For details on this issue, visit the OverDrive ADE help page.
- Due to upcoming macOS changes, OverDrive has ended support for OverDrive for Mac. Effective September 4, 2019, OverDrive for Mac will no longer be available for download and Mac users will no longer see the option to download audiobook titles on the OverDrive website. Instead, as a Mac user, you can enjoy audiobooks using OverDrive Listen from the downloadLibrary website, or try Libby on your smart phone or tablet. If you have already downloaded audiobooks to OverDrive for Mac, you will retain access to your downloads for the remainder of the lending period, provided you have not yet updated to macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
Getting Started Guides
These guides will walk you through the one time setup of your device:
- Kobo Aura ONE, Aura H2O Edition 2, Aura Edition 2, or Clara HD and Forma - Overdrive Help Page or Kobo Help Page
- Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and T2 [PDF]
- Android [PDF]
- Android devices with no Google Play Store access (a link to download the app)
- Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch [PDF]
- Windows 8, RT, 10 (Libby App is available for Windows 10)
- Audiobooks & portable audio players [PDF]
Need More Help?
We're happy to answer your questions by email, chat, phone or in person. If we can't answer your question, we'll ask the experts from Overdrive for help.
Tech Training 1-on-1
Do you need help downloading eBooks? Learn to do anything on your computer, tablet, eBook reader, or smart phone with our free 1-on-1 training sessions. To register, contact your local Idea Exchange or use this form.
Answers to common questions:
- Searching tips [PDF]
- Basic device troubleshooting
- Returning digital titles early [PDF]
- Changing your holds email address
- Changing default loan periods
- Changing the default program for eBooks or audiobooks [PDF]
More Free eBooks
downloadLibrary is not your only source for eBooks. Check out this great service.
Listen and read-along with these books on your computer. Contains picture books, early readers, chapter books, teen novels, classics and Shakespeare. No download required. Always available.