Meghan, Queen's Square | May 10, 2021
A long time ago in a galaxy far away…
These words whisk us away to Star Wars, a space opera like no other, where noble Jedi and scrappy Republic fighters square off against the Empire and its legions of stormtroopers.
Fortunately, each year on Star Wars Day (May the Fourth) we can all get closer to that faraway galaxy with Star Wars activities, books and movies that will bring out your inner Jedi, Wookiee or Baby Yoda.
Idea Exchange has Star Wars Day options for every type of Star Wars fan, no matter what colour of lightsaber you carry.
Join the Rebellion!
- EK Johnson, author of Star Wars: Ahsoka, Queen’s Shadow and Queen’s Peril, will be joining us for an epic May the Fourth book chat. (7PM, Tues. May 4th)
- Bring your padawans to an online Jedi storytime! (2PM, Thurs. May 6th)
- Demonstrate your mastery of the Force with Online Star Wars Trivia. (Thurs. May 6th)
Feel the power of the Dark Side…
- Star Wars features some deliciously wicked villains. Delve into the darkness with Lords of the Sith, Villains (Star Wars Age of Rebellion), Thrawn or Maul Lockdown.
- Play as favourite characters, including Sith lords, Imperial fighters and certain notorious bounty hunters in video games like Star Wars: Squadrons or Star Wars Battlefront 2.
You need more scoundrels in your life.
- Find out how Han met Chewy and hang out with a young Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Watch roguish Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor take on the Empire in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Next year, Cassian gets his own show, Andor, on Disney+, which promises plenty of action and espionage.
Squee over Baby Yoda and cute space critters.
- Bake Wookie cookies and make Yoda origami!
- Darth Vader and Friends, Goodnight, Darth Vader, and Vader’s Little Princess are witty and adorable comics, with our favourite Sith Lord discovering the challenges of fatherhood.
May the Fourth be with you!