Mya Kidson | September 5, 2017
Summer is coming to an end and it is time to prepare for school. For many of you it is back to the groove of school life and maybe another year of high school life. For some of you maybe you are in the process of transitioning into high school. I will be going into grade 12 in September and let me assure you, high school isn’t as bad as they make it seem in the movies. High school life is actually pretty amazing. It is the time when you get to explore your passions and take courses that further develop your specific interests.
No doubt, coming back from summer relaxation can be tough, especially if you are transitioning to a new school. When I was headed to grade 9, millions of thoughts were floating through my head making me more nervous about making the change. The following list includes what you should know about high school...
- Teachers and students are very welcoming. They have all been in your shoes at some point in their life. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- High schools have a lot to offer, you’ll find your niche.
- Join clubs and/or sports. They make high school life a lot more fun.
- There will be bad days for sure but don’t let them define these four years of your life.
- Finally - high school is amazing. I’ve had so many memories in the past three years I’ve been here, and ready to make the last year even more unforgettable. I have loved every single moment I’ve been here and I will miss the teachers, experiences and the student life as a high-schooler.
The following are some tips to jump back into the student groove to make school life a little easier…
- A week prior to the start of school begin setting your alarm for the time you need to wake up for school, so you’re ready for early mornings.
- Pick out your clothes and pack your bag the night before so you are prepared in the morning.
- Eat a wholesome breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the day.
- Don’t procrastinate! It will only make you feel more stressed coming close to due dates.
- Make back to school fun. Personalize your locker and school supplies.