Call for Submissions
There are no open calls for submissions at this time. Please check back again soon and sign up for our newsletter to be notified.
Art$Pay connects visual art practitioners with opportunities, community, and advocates for fair pay. Visit their website to learn about opportunities and artist resources in Waterloo Region
CARFAC is the national voice of Canada’s professional visual artists. Check out Tools for Artists.
Artist Statement Basics
Writing about yourself can be tricky! Here are 3 basic principles to help get you started:
1. The What: What is your work? In simple terms discuss concepts, themes, and the medium you are working in.
2. The Why: Explain why you have created your work. This can include your inspirations and motivations.
3. The How: How does your current work fit into your overall artistic practice? Or, how does your work relate to the call for submissions?
Grant Writing Basics
Here are some writing tips we have gathered from our previous Grant Writing Workshops led by Isabella Stefanescu from Inter Arts Matrix
1. Read the guidelines!!! Are you eligible for the grant? Is your work eligible? Don't waste time applying for something you have no chance of receiving.
2. Does your project start after the results of the funding competition are announced?
3. Does your budget tally correctly? Ensure the expenses are equal to the income.
4. Can you meet the submission deadline?
5. Fill out the form - Do not leave blank fields. If a question does not apply to you, write "n/a" in the answer field.
6. Stick to the space/pages/word count allowed.
7. Number the pages of attachments.
8. Edit, revise, and edit again. Then have someone else read it over for you. Try to use plain language.
9. Do you have the correct number of application copies to submit (for paper submissions)?
10. If you include links to supporting materials, test them and make sure they work.
11. Keep copies of everything submitted.
- Funders and Arts Councils