Please contact each location for rules around the use and booking of each space.
Free Meeting Room Bookings
There is no charge for the use of an Idea Exchange Meeting Room when the purpose of the use is to provide an Idea Exchange program or service or to hold a meeting of City staff or City Councillors. Some meeting rooms and spaces are also made available to the public free of charge.
Location staff can book rooms for public use under the following terms:
- Bookings are free of charge
- Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis
- Rooms can be reserved up to one (1) week in advance
- Rooms can be reserved for up to three (3) hours on any day
The Queen's Square Glass Study Room can accommodate up to four (4) people.
The room contains the following equipment:
Two rooms are available that can each accommodate up to five (5) people:
- Red Room
- Orange Room
Both rooms contain the following equipment:
- TV screen
- HDMI cable with cable adapters
Paid Meeting Room Bookings
The Old Post Office location is a premium venue situated on the Grand River with spectacular views of the surrounding area. It is an architecturally stunning building housing a digital library. The third-floor classroom is primarily for the provision of Idea Exchange programs to support the digital library. When not in use by Idea Exchange, paid rentals are available. Regular room rental fees apply.
Third-floor classroom rental information:
- $30/hour +HST with whiteboard only; $50/hour +HST with whiteboard and equipment
- Equipment includes:
- 85" Smart TV
- Clickshare to share up to two computers to TV
- Wireless HD video extender for HDMI
- Capacity: 10 people