Wi-Fi and Study Tables
Free Wi-Fi access and study stations are available at each location.
Bring your own device or borrow one of ours to use the Wi-Fi. There is no login or password required - just connect and agree to the internet terms and conditions. Print wirelessly from just about any device.
Computers and Laptops
Public desktop computers are available during open hours at all locations except Old Post Office.
Old Post Office and Queen's Square have a limited number of public lending laptops available for on-site use by those with a full teen or adult membership. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Only limited staff assistance is available.
Our public desktop computers and on-site lending laptops have the following software installed:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Internet browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge
- Editing software: Audacity, FlashBack Express, GIMP, Inkscape, Sculptris
- 3D Printer software: Blender, Cubicreator3, Cura
- Game development: GDevelop
- Cricut Design Space
- IrfanView (Image viewer)
- VLC (Video Player)
Please note that the computers do not permit the installation of software or the running of executable files.
Public Computer Use Guidelines
- Usage is limited to 60-minute sessions. During less busy times, an extension of 60 additional minutes may be allowed if requested prior to the end of your session.
- A valid Idea Exchange Membership or internet access card is required.
- Computer reservations are recommended and can be made by phone or in person. Sessions can be booked for the same day, or one day in advance.
- Drop-in use of computers is allowed if there is an available computer. Reservations have priority.
- Drinks with lids are allowed at computers but no food.
- Headphones can be purchased for a minimal fee or members can bring their own. They are not provided.
- Printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing is available and staff may be able to provide limited assistance.
Contact any location for more information on using the internet at Idea Exchange.