We are participating in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, toddler and/or preschooler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your child starts kindergarten.
Although 1000 books sounds like a huge number, consider this:
- If you read just one book a day, you will have read 365 books in a year and you could finish in less than three years.
- Read 10 books per week? Less than two years.
- Three books a day? Less than a year!
How to sign up:
- Pick up your tracking chart at any Idea Exchange location
- Each time you read a book, fill in a space on the chart
- After you've read your first 100 books, visit your Idea Exchange location to pick up a prize
- Once you have reached 500 books, you’re half way there! Bring your chart to your Idea Exchange location and collect a prize and your second chart.
- Continue your reading journey until you reach 1000 books and collect a prize and certificate
Download the 1000 Books app for iOS or Android for easy tracking.