Idea Exchange supports and inspires our community in the exploration of reading, arts, innovation, and learning.
We will create an environment of curiosity and discovery through the exploration of the arts and new technologies. This will foster creativity, spark innovation, develop human capital, and support lifelong learning.
Personalized service: Serving people with care
Our members are all individuals, and we want to treat them as such. We will strive to provide personal one-on-one service with courtesy, warmth, and wisdom.
Respect: Our members’ needs and rights matter
We will respect the diverse and individual needs of our members including their rights to privacy and confidentiality.
Accessibility: Open to everyone
We are committed to providing core gallery and library services to every resident in Cambridge free of charge, and to providing convenient, accessible facilities, resources, and services.
Intellectual Freedom: Opening the world to our members
We defend the right to freedom of thought, belief, opinion, choice, and expression as the basis of a democratic society.
Strategic Plan Objectives
- We will be a vital and inclusive community resource engaging people of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels in their pursuit of knowledge, education and entertainment.
- We will continue to develop inviting and innovative spaces that meet community needs for reading, art access, study, collaboration, work and play.
- We will offer new creative experiences through the presentation of inspiring visual arts exhibitions and cultural programming.
- We will connect with our communities to develop services that meet their needs in our spaces, beyond our buildings, and online.
- We will build community interest and offer learning opportunities in emerging technologies.